Are you writing to your elected representative, or to a local news outlet?
Are you writing a letter, or a postcard?
Whatever you choose, here are some useful writing resources!
Thank you for supporting the "For the People Act" (H.R. 1 / S. 1).
Your voice matters!
- A summary, with a bulleted list of key provisions and why they matter
- Why write?
- Key messages to include in your letters/postcards to reps or letters to the editor
- Links you can use for research and to add greater detail to your letters
- Guidelines for writing an effective letter or postcard to your rep
- Contact info for our reps
- Sample postcard scripts
- Sample letter (feel free to duplicate and fill in your own details!)
- Guidelines for writing an effective letter to the editor
- Sample letter (please use this just as an example; editors won’t appreciate getting the same letter from everyone!)
- Contact information for recommended media outlets