NJ 11th FOR CHANGE
More info below
They say it takes money to make money, but around here, we know:
It takes money to MAKE CHANGE.
We need your help.
There’s important work to do in 2021 — and to set up the action infrastructure to accomplish that, NJ 11th for Change needs to raise $10,000!
2021 is going to be a busy year.
The GOP knows we’ve made serious headway, even in some of their reddest strongholds, and they’re gunning for us. No seats will be safe — including Mikie’s in 2022 — if we let them start clawing their way back into power on a municipal, county, and state level. That means we can’t snooze.
A sleep-in? Sure. But no snoozing.
Here are our top 5 priorities:
Registering lots and lots of new blue-leaning voters, including young people, cityfolk who fled to the ’burbs during the height of the pandemic, and other key demographic groups!
- Getting out the vote for the governor’s race, because downgrading to Trumpian GOP frontrunner Jack Ciattarelli is the LAST thing we need! We’re lucky right now to have the most progressive governor in the country. We need to keep the statehouse blue, so we can continue accomplishing much-needed change and fixing what Chris Christie and previous Republican administrations broke.
You ready to swing back to a Republican gov? We’re not. HARD NO.
Digging deep into the State Assembly races with endorsements and candidate support, so we build a state legislature that gets things done, supports progressive values, and (crucially) protects us from red-leaning gerrymandering. There are ten state legislative districts (LDs) that fall in NJ 11th for Change territory, and we’ll be zooming in on all of them!
Supporting key county and municipal races in towns where we can make an important difference. Democracy from the ground up, baby!
- Educating our core voters about rapidly-evolving election processes, to make sure they know all about vote-by-mail regulations, early voting procedures, in-person voting options, and more. That’s how we boost turnout for the candidates we endorse! This year’s system will NOT be the same as last year’s, and we KNOW people will be confused. We can help fix that.
If there’s one thing we love, it’s a conveniently located ballot drop box!
State, county, and municipal races.
Those are big jobs, and we are the right group to take them on.
Why? Because we have:
We’re a whole new kind of political machine, and our gears are always turning!
What have we accomplished?
In 2018, we used your generous donations to help us make over 130,000 voter contacts — and elected Rep. Mikie Sherrill in the biggest red-to-blue swing in the entire nation.
- In 2020 we leveraged your contributions to increase our voter contacts to 160,000 — and we flipped CD11 towns and counties bluer than they’ve ever been!
- With our support and voluminous voter outreach, Rep. Sherrill won former (former!!) conservative stronghold MORRIS COUNTY in 2020 — and so did Joe Biden and Cory Booker! That’s HUGE.
How did we do it, and how will we repeat our success?
We ran extensive, strategically targeted text-banking campaigns, with smart, results-focused messaging. We tapped into the energy and commitment of our grassroots volunteers … and we’re ready to do it again!
We recruited and deployed the hardest-working team of postcarders and letter-writers you could dream of … and they’re eager to get busy in 2021!
- We have the know-how to run a heavy-duty canvassing operation! Of course, in-person voter outreach was (heartbreakingly) out of the question for the 2020 election due to the pandemic. However, we have high hopes that increased vaccination rates and COVID-safe protocols will let us put boots on the ground this summer and fall, after the 2021 primaries. Our members LOVE to canvass, do lit drops and set up information tables at local events, and we know they’re raring to go. How do we know? Because they keep telling us so!
To launch any of these initiatives, we need money.
First and foremost, we need to renew our subscription to VAN — the Voter Access Network. This sophisticated, highly detailed database lets us pull together targeted lists of voters to contact with postcards and texts ... a project we need to start NOW so we’re ready RIGHT AWAY once the June primaries are over.
And VAN? Not cheap. But without it, we're dead in the water.
We can make things happen in NJ.
We need YOUR help to do that.
Your donations — one time or monthly — make all the difference for us. There’s no big overhead with a grassroots organization like ours; the money you contribute is used to DO THE WORK and keep volunteers supplied with the information and materials they need.
PLEASE DONATE TODAY!
To make a monthly donation, click here. Recurring gifts provide us with cash flow we can count on, and allow us to plan more effectively for the upcoming election season. (If you’re already a monthly donor and are moved to increase your contribution amount, please email us. Be sure to put "Monthly Donation" in the subject line!)
To make a one-time donation, click here. Your generosity makes a big difference!
All contributors who make a one-time donation of $50 or more, or a monthly commitment of at least $5/month, will also get some exciting new swag: an NJ 11th for Change mask!!
Current monthly donors, we’ve got you covered. You’ll be getting a mask, too!
With your political dollars, we’ll continue to MAKE CHANGE …
the kind of change that pays dividends for generations.
Thank you so much for supporting NJ 11th for Change
and the important work we’re doing together!
NJ 11th for Change is a 501(c)(4) unaffiliated organization dedicated to advocating for all people of New Jersey’s 11th Congressional District. We foster an engaged and informed community with the power to shape our political representation so that it is transparent, responsive and accountable—and so that it reflects the values of fairness, compassion, inclusivity and a decent quality of life.
Your contributions make our work possible! In 2020, donations allowed us to make almost 160,000 voter contacts in New Jersey's 11th congressional district; our efforts were a big part of making 11 towns flip from Trump in 2016 to Biden in 2020, including some historically deep-red municipalities. Even Morris County turned blue!Your generous donation goes towards our data analysis and voter-file access, text banking expenses, support for our events, printing, and much more. It allows us to continue our work building a government that is transparent, responsive and accountable. Please visit our "DONATE" link and pledge any amount. Every contribution helps as we charge ahead into 2021 and beyond!