How Many Days Until
Election Day 2021
What an uplifting experience we had, marching for reproductive rights this past Saturday! Nationwide, there were over 600 rallies, sending a clear message that this issue matters to people from coast to coast. NJ 11th for Change co-hosted the Women’s March in Montclair — estimates say that there were about 1000 people there! — and our members also gathered for important rallies in Morristown and Sussex.
A small segment of the Montclair crowd!
The entire day was a potent reminder of what a powerful experience it is to come together with a common mission.
Click here to hear the compelling (and short!) speeches from Rep. Mikie Sherrill, Governor Phil Murphy, and First Lady Tammy Murphy at the Montclair march.
Great turnout in Morristown, too!
"Facts Matter Jack" Gavin celebrating his actual birthday by distributing ACLU copies of the Constitution. That’s commitment for you!
The Women's March was so heartening — just what we needed to rev us up as we enter the last month before Election Day! Now is the time to put in the work. We all know what needs to be done:
This is an off-year election — crucial because the governor’s seat and every legislative seat in the state is up for grabs, but historically a very low turn-out race. That means every voter we reach — every voter we inspire to cast a ballot — has even more impact than usual. Our work has the power to turn the tide!
Many voters assume that Phil Murphy is a shoo-in for governor. We wish it were that simple! New Jersey hasn’t re-elected a Dem governor since 1977 — and this year, GOP voters are spittin’ mad at … well, at everything. THEY WILL VOTE. What’s more, GOP candidates are tapping into the base of people (of all political stripes) who struggled because of COVID-related restrictions, and who are being goaded to blame Governnor Murphy — not COVID — for the disruption to their lives.
Drive around a wide range of Congressional District 11 towns (like our Field Director Stacey Abenstein did last week) and you’ll see the evidence: Jack Ciattarelli signs are ALL OVER our district. His supporters are motivated to vote, and they’ll vote up and down the ballot. And "Governor Jack Ciattarelli" is exactly what New Jersey doesn't need!
Want to hear what Jack C. thinks Donald Trump's greatest legacy is?
Click here to hear his chilling answer.
If we want to keep Trenton — both the governor's seat AND the State Senate and General Assembly — we need to shake *our* voters out of their complacency, and remind them of how much is at stake. New Jersey has the most progressive governor in the country right now, and we’re making actual progress: on reproductive rights, women’s rights, minority and LGBTQ+ rights, clean energy, fiscal responsibility, and so much more. We’ve decriminalized cannabis, we’ve initiated measures to make law enforcement more just, and the governor has drawn a line in the sand for women’s health with his landmark Reproductive Freedom Act.
NJ 11th for Change knows which voters share our values. We know how to reach them, and we know what it takes to turn them from apathetic non-voters to motivated participants in our democratic process!
To do it, we need your help!
Here’s how YOU can make a difference — HERE and NOW:
Canvassing: We’ve got a big REUNION canvassing event coming up soon — keep your eyes peeled for announcements next week!! In the meantime, there are canvassing events all over our district. Check the Events & Volunteer Opportunities listings below for ways to support Phil Murphy and lots of legislative candidates.
Postcarding: We’re launching a huge postcarding campaign NOW! We’ve got lots of busy writers, but we still need more hands! NJ 11th for Change supplies the postcards, the address lists, and a short script to write; you provide postage and your time and effort! Email [email protected] to get a packet and start writing!
Text Banking: Nothing works for getting out the vote like text banking! In the time it takes to say “one pumpkin spice latte, please,” you can reach hundreds of voters to remind them how important their opinions are — and how, where, and when they can cast their ballots. Sometimes, that’s all a person needs — a tiny nudge, and a little bit of basic information — to turn them into a voter and figure out a voting plan that will really get them to the polls. If you are ready to text bank with us, email [email protected], and we’ll notify you when the time is right to start our next list!
- Phone Banking: We’re very happy to be collaborating with ally organizations to build an effective district-wide phone banking team! This is so thrilling — and means that we won’t be duplicating efforts, which is good for all of us. Keep an eye out in the next newsletter for more details and sign-up opportunities!
The Women’s March on Saturday really got our blood pumping.
We’re ready to GET THIS DONE. Please join us!
TEXT BANKING INITIATIVE
with NJ 11th for Change
TEXT BANKING CD11 VOTERS — On your own schedule, with group Zoom hangouts (dates to be announced).
We have to make sure that our target voters are ready to vote in NJ’s crucial off-year election: that they're registered, that they know how to use vote-by-mail ballots, that they understand the early voting period, and more! Turnout is the key to victory! To join the texting team, email [email protected].
with NJ 11th for Change
- We've got addresses and a nice short script to write, and really sharp-looking postcards for you to use! Please email [email protected] ASAP!
Phil Murphy (Governor) —
plus Dems up and down the ballot
- VBM PHONEBANK CHASE FOR GOVERNOR MURPHY Join the campaign in phone banking on Thrutalk, which requires a computer and phone. We will be talking to voters across the state about returning their vote by mail ballots, a critical part of turnout! A training takes place at the beginning of each event! Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/397297/
WEEKLY CANVASSING FOR GOVERNOR MURPHY & DEMS UP AND DOWN THE BALLOT with NJ Forward 2021 Coordinated Campaign.
Talk with your neighbors about the stronger and fairer New Jersey that Democrats up and down the ballot are fighting for.
East Morris County — multiple times available. Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/416803/ ; meeting places vary. Please contact Max at [email protected] or 908-419-5675 with any questions!
Upper Passaic County — Tuesdays and Sundays at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Canvassing covers Wanaque, Pompton Lakes, Bloomingdale. We will be meeting at the Pompton Lakes Office for training before heading out to the respective towns. Please contact Katey at [email protected] or 973-818-6713 with any questions! Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/416943/
Lower Passaic County—Wednesdays at 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 4:00 PM. Canvassing covers Woodland Park, Wayne, Little Falls, Totowa. We will be meeting at the Passaic County Democrats Office for training before heading out to the respective towns. Please contact Katey at [email protected] or 973-818-6713 with any questions! Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/404868/
Glen Ridge—Various days and times. We will check in with more information after you sign up as the meeting place varies. Please contact Deb at [email protected] with any questions! Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/416805/
- Livingston—Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays at various hours. We will be meeting at the Livingston Office for training before heading out to the respective towns. Please contact Sam at [email protected] or 646-842-1822 with any questions! Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/416943/
- East Morris County — multiple times available. Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/njdsc/event/416803/ ; meeting places vary. Please contact Max at [email protected] or 908-419-5675 with any questions!
Joe Signorello (Senate),
Elizabeth Graner and Anjali Mehrotra (Assembly)
VIRTUAL PHONE BANKS—On your schedule! We have two ongoing virtual phone banks for you to join. Both are available to you on your schedule, with any restrictions noted by the individual event. All hands on deck so we can win in November! If you have any questions, please reach out to our campaign coordinator Olivia at (908) 324-8818 or [email protected].
Young Dems Virtual Phone Bank - active link for volunteers to use anytime, from anywhere. Hosted by our LD21 team, New Jersey Young Democrats, and Young Dems of America Mid-Atlantic Region! This is an ongoing virtual phone bank which you can join at your own leisure. Sign up at this link!
- Women's Virtual Phone Bank - active link for volunteers to use anywhere, link open from 10am-8pm each day Join us for an ongoing virtual Women's Phone Bank (targeting Democratic women voters) in support of our LD21 team! Note: The phone bank is set so that calls can only be made between 10am-8pm each day. Sign up at this link!
- Young Dems Virtual Phone Bank - active link for volunteers to use anytime, from anywhere. Hosted by our LD21 team, New Jersey Young Democrats, and Young Dems of America Mid-Atlantic Region! This is an ongoing virtual phone bank which you can join at your own leisure. Sign up at this link!
Scott Fadden (Senate),
Scott Paul and Mike Vrabel (County Commissioners)
- SUSSEX COUNTY DEMS CANVASSING FOR MURPHY, FADDEN, AND THE VRABEL/PAUL TEAM!—Saturday, October 9, 1:00 PM (Wantage Day!) We will meet in the parking lot at Lenape Valley High School, 28 Stanhope Sparta Rd, Stanhope, NJ 07874 at 1:00 PM to start our canvass of Sparta, Stanhope and Hopatcong! For more info, text 973-362-6714!
Christine Clarke (State Senate)
Melissa Brown Blaeuer and Pamela Fadden (Assembly)
- Join us for our LD26 Weekends canvasses to canvass a turf or take a postcard packet to complete and mail from home, and pick up a lawn sign! Check out available dates and times here. Updated weekly. Car magnets available too, in limited supply.
Richard J. Codey (State Senate)
Mila M. Jasey and John McKeon (Assembly)
GET LAWN SIGNS NOW!
The 27th District Democrats are looking for friends who will share their support with a Lawn Sign! Signs will be arriving soon and can be delivered right to your lawn. To get a sign or volunteer to help with deliveries email Erin Rice at [email protected] or call (973) 936-9145.
Your contributions make our work possible! In 2020, donations allowed us to make almost 160,000 voter contacts in New Jersey's 11th congressional district; our efforts were a big part of making 11 towns flip from Trump in 2016 to Biden in 2020, including some historically deep-red municipalities. Even Morris County turned blue!Your generous donation goes towards our data analysis and voter-file access, text banking expenses, support for our events, printing, and much more. It allows us to continue our work building a government that is transparent, responsive and accountable. Please visit our "DONATE" link and pledge any amount. Every contribution helps as we charge ahead into 2021 and beyond!
NJ 11th for Change is a 501(c)(4) unaffiliated organization dedicated to advocating for all people of New Jersey’s 11th Congressional District. We foster an engaged and informed community with the power to shape our political representation so that it is transparent, responsive and accountable—and so that it reflects the values of fairness, compassion, inclusivity and a decent quality of life.