Heading toward Tuesday's finish line, here's some things reporters and commentators have had to say about the primaries.
The NJ11 Congressional Race
- New Jersey Spotlight had thoughts about the Democrats: Elbow to Elbow in the 11th.
- Spotlight also weighed in on the Republicans: With No Incumbent in the 11th Republicans Vie For Chance.
- The New York Times endorsed Mikie Sherrill on May 28; here is their editorial.
- Memorial Day weekend saw Sherrill and Jay Webber at Morris Plains parade (Morristown Green).
- The New Jersey Globe reported on ads by Tamara Harris questioning Mikie Sherrill’s anti-Trump bona fides.
- Also at the Globe: Webber adds 100 new municipal leaders.
Primary Season Trends And Topics
- New Jersey Spotlight declares that The Primary Color Is Green: With the largest field of candidates in decades comes an equally large total of campaign dollars -- $40 million.
- Insider NJ, meanwhile, picks out The Particular Political Challenges (Right Now) Of Ten County Party Chairs. Landing on the list are both Essex County chairs -- Democratic and Republican -- for reasons related to the 11th District race.
- Finally, here are things you didn’t know about Jersey races in the midterms, including the Barbra Streisand angle. Go on, click through; you know you want to. (nj.com)
Elsewhere, While We’ve Been Primarying …
- In Trenton: Gov. Phil Murphy restores Obamacare mandate for ‘19 (NJ.com).
- As Patch.com notes, this was part of a slew of 14 bills signed this week by Murphy.
- In Washington: Budget battle brews as Trump threatens a shutdown – and Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen is reportedly unpopular with certain House conservatives unhappy with his vote against a recent farm bill, among other things. (News Observer)
Do you like this post?